The entire schedule can be seen here, but here are some notable games:
- October 2 vs. Rangers - Home opener and banner raising ceremony. The roof of Mellon arena doesn't open anymore, but this night just might blow the roof off of the place.
- October 3 vs. Islanders - Off to Long Island where Crosby gets to go head to head with the next young phenom.
- November 5 vs. Kings - Pens travel to la-la land to face "The Piece". Even though he'll be playing for the enemy, everyone in Pittsburgh will be cheering for him.
- December 5 vs. Blackhawks - Pens host Chicago and Marion Hossa as he tries to lose in the Finals for a third year in a row.
- January 31 vs. Red Wings - Pens host Detroit in a rematch of the Stanley Cup Finals. Seems like they do this every year.
- March 22 vs. Red Wings - Back to the Joe to visit the ice where the Pens skated the cup. There should be a lot of Booing that night.
- March 27 to April 8 - Penguins enjoy a six game home stand against teams like Toronto, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and the Islanders. Sounds like momentum for playoffs.
- April 10 & 11 - Pens close the season on the road against the Thrashers and the Islanders. Let's see if Tavares is still big news by then.