Only two games this week, both against tough West coast teams, both 10:30 starts here in the east and both went to shootouts and ended around 1:30 am. Night Owl Club was in full effect.
11/3: Sharks 4 PENS 3 (shootout)
- Malkin and Sullivan assisted on Engelland's goal just 24 seconds into the game.
- Malkin got a lucky bounce 2 minutes later to give the Pens a 2-0 lead. Sullivan and Neal with the assists.
- After the Sharks cut the lead to 2-1 in the second, Geno got his second of the game to put the Pens back up by two. Neal picked up another assist.
- Sharks battled back in the third to tie the game and won in the shootout as Geno and Dupuis failed to score.
- No power plays for the Pens in this game.
- James Neal led with 8 shots.
- Adams and Kunitz led all forwards with 4 hits apiece.
- Staal returned to the lineup.
- Steve Sullivan finally got on the board by burying one on the power play to give the Pens a 1-0 lead late in the first. Neal picked up an assist.
- After getting stoned by Kings goalie Quick on some good chances, the Kings battled to take a 2-1 lead in the third period.
- With only 3 minutes left, Kunitz zings one home to tie it up. Staal and Dupuis with helpers.
- In the fourth round of the shootout, Kunitz slides the puck home through Quick to win the game.
- Kunitz led with 6 shots.
- Adams led with 7 hits.
1- Steve Sullivan: Finally got his first goal as a Penguin and picked up 2 assists. Nice to see his hard work and smart play rewarded.
2-Evgeni Malkin: Continues to play at a high level and has found chemistry with Neal and Sullivan. 2 goals and an assist for Geno this week.
3-James Neal: Didn't score a goal this week?! But did play very well and picked up 3 assists. Leads the NHL in shots with 64.
4-Chris Kunitz: Big game in LA, with the late game-tying goal and the winner in the shootout. 2nd on the team in hits, one behind Adams.
Got 3 out of a possible 4 points in 2 tough games, I'll take that! Games against Dallas and Carolina this week as rumors of Crosby's return swirl...
LETS GO PENS!!!