By: Siena Slusser
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins vs Rochester Americans
Game Time: 7:05 pm
Last Game: The Penguins fell 3-1 to the Syracuse Crunch. The Penguins lone goal was scored by Philippe Dupuis assisted by Brian Dumoulin and Dylan Reese. Defenseman Joe Morrow received a 5 minute boarding major and a game misconduct in the first period. Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff made 17 saves in the loss.
* Brad Thiessen is expected to get the start in goal vs the Amerks.
* Forward Zac Sill is out 5-6 weeks with an upper body injury.
* Forward Jayson Megna and defenseman Robert Bortuzzo are still injured.
* The Penguins begin a 3 in 3 tonight at home before visiting Syracuse on Saturday and Hershey on Sunday.
* Penguins record: 0-4-0-0
Who to follow for game time:
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on twitter - @wbspenguins
facebook - http://www.facebook.com/WilkesBarreScrantonPenguins
Mike O'Brien on twitter - @MikeObrienWBS
Tom Grace on twitter - @TGracePens
Citizens Voice Penguins Beat Writier Jonathan Bombulie on twitter @CVBombulie
also check out Bombulie's blog : http://blogs.citizensvoice.com/penguins/
Where to listen:
How to watch:
NHL affiliate: Buffalo Sabres
ECHL affiliate: n/a
* Marcus Foligno ( 5 goals, 4 assists) and Cody Hodgson ( 1 goal, 8 assists) lead the Amerks in points with 9.
* The Amerks are riding a 3 game win streak currently.
* The Amerks have scored the second most amount of goals this season with 23.
* Goaltender David Leggio, leads all AHL netminders in wins with 4, saves with 193 and minutes played.